Title: Survive the Night
Rating: R (for violence, indicative of the Purge Universe)
This is not a test. This is your Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government. […] Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. […] Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all!
It's the night of the annual Purge and for the first time in her life, Thea Queen is concerned that their home security system won't keep them all safe.
Pairing(s): Oliver/Thea, Walter/Moira, Roy/Thea, Tommy/Laurel (mentioned), Robert/Isabel (mentioned), Oliver/Shado (mentioned briefly), Slade/Shado (implied)
Warnings: Incest, Violence, Blood, Character Death(s), Attempted Sexual Assault
- Not for Roy Harper fans. Seriously, if you love him, just don't.
- Italicized statements are thoughts.
- This meant to be posted on Halloween, but due to circumstances, I'm having to post early.
Spoilers: This fanfiction is in an alternate universe from the show, but everything below this point might contain spoilers for anything and everything up to and including Season Two, Episode 13, Heir to the Demon
Timeline Setting: In Season Two, after Moira is released from legal prosecution and has decided to run for Mayor.
Canon Changes: Okay guys, so in order to fit ARROW into the universe of the Purge, some changes to canon had to be made.
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE STARTING THIS FANFICTION (because you might be confused otherwise.)
- Because there is less than .01% of crime in the nation, thanks to the Purge laws, there is no need for Oliver to be the Vigilante on a daily basis.
- As such Oliver only acts as the Vigilante, seeking justice against the individuals in his father's ledger, on the night of the Purge.
- With no crime, Roy is never kidnapped and so he wasn't rescued by the Vigilante and thus never became obsessed with finding his hooded rescuer.
- Since Oliver doesn't dig in his father's book on a daily basis he is not aware of the Undertaking.
- Moira came to the decision to announce Malcolm's evil plot all on her own, but without Oliver to push her into it, she does so later than she did in canon.
- The result of this change is twofold: on one hand, Laurel didn't have to time to run to C.N.R.I. and as such, Tommy didn't have to save her by sacrificing himself so Tommy is alive and well.
- On the other hand, however, the delay in coming clean (and without the Vigilante to disable one of Malcolm's weapons) means that more residents of the Glades perished in the attack.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters are the property of this author and she is in no way associated with the owners, creators, actors or producers of any media franchise dealt with herein. No copyright infringement is intended.